sieve and global/default scripts

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Fri Feb 6 04:46:39 EST 2015

Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2015, 14:20:48 schrieb Eugene M. Zheganin:
> Hi.
>
> How do I assign a default sieve script to each existing user (I can
> write a script and symlink the default sieve script to each sieve user's
> folder, but it seems way rude) ? I have set the
> autocreate_sieve_compiledscript, but since imapd continues to complain
> about the /var/imap/sieve/u/user/defaultbc script not being found, I
> have an impression that the autocreate_sieve_compiledscript triggers
> only on new mailbox creation.
> Another way to achieve this, from my point of view, is to enable by
> default the global sieve script. can this be done ? If yes - how do I do
> it ?

Hi Eugene,

did you still have read the manual?:

https://cyrusimap.org/mediawiki/index.php/Cyrus_Sieve

"...Attaching a sieve script to a shared folder is a little tricky. First, you
need to understand that Cyrus has two types of repositories where you can have
Sieve scripts: Personal and Global. Personal is per user and global is for
every user. Global scripts aren’t applied on incoming messages by default,
users must include them in their scripts...

Also, there are two types of Global scripts: global and global per domain.
"

See that page for first.

hth a bit.

cheerioh,