Replication problem do_folders(): failed to rename

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Dec 11 13:10:01 EST 2015

Hi,

I have a problem with a single mailbox. The user's Outlook crashed and
since then the sync_client is running wild on this user account and
produces high load on the master. I stopped sync_client on master side
for the moment.

When I try to sync the user by hand

/bin/su - cyrus -c "/usr/lib/cyrus/bin/sync_client -S replicaserver -v
-u testuser

I do get the following error.

Dec 11 17:54:48 master cyrus/sync_client[22727]: RENAME received NO
response: Operation is not supported on mailbox
Dec 11 17:54:48 master cyrus/sync_client[22727]: do_folders(): failed to
rename: user.elsa-secgen -> user.testuser.Archives.Gesch&AOQ-ftsjahr
2014-15.25-Jahr-Feier
Dec 11 17:54:48 master cyrus/sync_client[22727]: IOERROR: The remote
Server(s) denied the operation
Dec 11 17:54:48 master cyrus/sync_client[22727]: Error in
do_user(testuser): bailing out!

Comparing master and slave on filesystem I do see the subfolder
"25-Jahr-Feier" in "user.testuser.Archives.Gesch&AOQ-ftsjahr 2014-15.",
but only on master but not on slave side. And why does sync_client want
to rename and where does it get this order from?

I can login into the users' mailbox on master side and new message are
shown in the INBOX.

How can I fix it?

Should I try a "reconstruct -r user.testuser" on master and slave or
just on slave? (do I have to shutdown cyrus for a reconstruct -r on a
user box?)

Or can I delete the complete mailbox on slave side start an "sync_client
-S replicaserver -v -u testuser"?

Thanks for helping
Marcus