Cyrus IMAP 3.0.0-beta1 released

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Aug 4 17:12:03 EDT 2015

SM> As I'm currently working on a 2.5.x release of our Invoca RPMs I'm
SM> wondering if it would make sense to just go with 3.0 beta? The work
SM> on 2.5.x will still take some more time because it's a big change
SM> with the new build system, new functionality and support for new
SM> systems with systemd.

I'm actually going to be putting some work into the Fedora packages
soon.  Of course, they already support systemd so that may be useful to
you, even though they're only at 2.4.something.  Although there are
going to be some differences (Fedora has some new tools for self-signed
certificate generation, for example) it would be nice if the RPMs didn't
diverge too much, especially in terms of file location (which I
understanding is changing a bit in 3.0 anyway).

For now I'm just doing this work because I need 2.5.x packages locally
and I'm not entirely sure they'll make it into Fedora, but they might.

 - J<