too much logging

hw hw at gartencenter-vaehning.de
Wed Apr 29 10:07:08 EDT 2015

Hi,

is there a way to reduce the log output from cyrus?  A lot, if not most,
entries say 'imaps[20670]: fetching user_deny.db entry for ...', which
seems to be a rather useless information.

The log file has become 3GB in size now from all these useless messages,
and there's only a handfull of users.  I don't want to make syslog-ng
filter these messages out as they shouldn't be generated in the first place.

Some imaps processes actually flood the log file with this message, and
I haven't found out yet what causes this.  These processes cause
relatively high CPU load, and since syslog-ng needs to process all the
messages, it in turn also generates relatively high CPU load.

What might be going wrong here?