messages removed before expire

Stephen Ingram sbingram at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 15:18:57 EDT 2014

Each of our user's Trash folders have an expiration of 30 days set using
cyr_adm. Recently, one of the mailboxes began losing messages before the 30
days. Viewing mboxconfig inside cyradm for the user's Trash folder clearly
shows: expire 30. I tried removing the value and re-setting it to no avail.
The mailbox now only holds 14 days worth of email.

We don't use delayed expunge on the system. Is there any other setting I
might be missing that could be causing the mail to be removed prematurely?

Steve