Locations for folders, etc, for previously-existing users

Don Levey cyrus.info at the-leveys.us
Thu Nov 20 11:12:49 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 04:46:41PM +0100, Michael Menge wrote:

> Cyrus and Dovecot use differen structures to store the mails and
> meta infos on disk. Cyrus is not able to pares the Dovecote data
> and as far as I know dovecote can't parse the cyrus structures
> either directly. There might be tools to convert the data. Most
> tools I know of use the IMAP protocol which requires a running imap
> server that can access the old mails.
>
> If i remember correctly the dovecot data files use the mbox format.
> There are some tools that can upload mails from mbox files to IMPA
> Servers. But i don't know if it is possible to convert all mailbox
> features with them (ACLs, seen status for shared mailboxes).

Michael,
Thank you for the very quick reply, and also for the information. If
this is truly the case, then I will need to remove Cyrus and get
Dovecot working again.  I cannot afford to lose a decade's worth of
archived email (especially not if I hope to remain married!).

Thank you again for your help,
 -Don