imapd seems to serve up emails with empty attachments.

Willy Offermans Willy at Offermans.Rompen.nl
Tue Mar 11 06:00:49 EDT 2014

Hallo Jeroen,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 10:44:12AM +0100, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> Hello Willy,
>
> Since both messages are served up by cyrus I thought that would
> cause the problem.
> Just installed evolution and gave it a try.
>
> Damn, you are right! :-)
>
> Weird though. Will continue the investigation in the TB direction.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen Baten
>

> op 11-03-14 09:37, Willy Offermans schreef:
> >Hallo Jeroen,
> >
> >On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 09:25:57AM +0100, Jeroen Baten wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>There is something I do not understand at the moment.
> >>
> >>I copy an email to two different folders.
> >>On the filesystem level a diff tells me they are exactly the same.
> >>Using a recent Thunderbird to view the attachments in one message it is
> >>fine, in the other Thunderbird complains about an empty attachment.
> >>What is wrong or how can I fix this?
> >>
> >>I am running Ubuntu 12.04 with cyrus imapd 2.4.12-2
> >>
> >>Any and all help is highly appreciated.
> >>
> >>Kind regards,
> >>
> >>Jeroen Baten
> >>
> >>--
> >Are you sure that this is a cyrus problem?
> >
> >It seems to me that this is more a Thunderbird problem.

Good that you located the source of error.

Are you using replication or cyrus aggregator (murder) to accomplish
duplication of your message(s)? If yes, I'm interested in your experiences
and setups.

I have almost finished the setup of my new FreeBSD server, but I want to
improve on a couple of services, such as cyrus-imapd, openldap and dhcp,
openldap and openvpn, etc. So I'm looking to concepts, examples, and
experiences of other people.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,