xfer problems between 2.3.15 and 2.4.17

gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 11:15:46 EDT 2014

As you may be aware we are attempting this and have run into various
problems.

Currently we have a mixed murder of 2.3.15 backends and 2.4.17 backends.
We are now fairly confident that we can xfer accounts succesfully between
these backends. The problems we had appear to have been with a very small
number of accounts on our older backends that had corrupt cyrus.index
files.

However we are now having trouble configuring frontends that will work
with this mixed murder environment while we xfer our users accross.

If we use our existing 2.3.15 frontends then users have who have been
migrated lose the ability to see other accounts in the "Other Users" name
space.

On the other hand if we introduce 2.4.17 frontends then we see strange
behaviour around folder creation. Clients can create the folders but
autosubscription fails with the client being told the new folder doesn't
exist. If one waits a minute or two one can manually subscribe to the
folder.

So far we have not upgraded the mupdate master. Is this a mistake?

In terms of the frontend config we have added

suppress_capabilities: ESEARCH QRESYNC WITHIN XLIST LIST-EXTENDED

to the 2.4.17 frontends, otherwise the config is identical to our 2.3.15
frontends. Is there any other config changes we should be aware of?

any ideas greatly appreciated...

Gavin Gray
Edinburgh University Information Services
Rm 2013 JCMB
Kings Buildings
Edinburgh
EH9 3JZ
UK
tel +44 (0)131 650 5987
email gavin.gray at ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.