Postfix with Cyrus Imap

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Sun Jan 26 12:13:23 EST 2014

On 01/26/14 02:28 +0000, Karol Pomaski wrote:
>Yes I have all the files. I am using Debian, do you know if this patch
>is already there?

I don't think so, but you could check with
pkg-cyrus-imapd-debian-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org.

>Here I send you all my configuration files. Could you check what is
>incorrect? Also while trying to connect through cyradm using 'cyrus'
>user it doesn't permit me to enter. Which password should be used for
>cyrus user?

Below, you have configured the admin user to be 'cyrus'. You will need to
have that user configured within your mysql database, with whatever
password you wish to use.

>imapd.conf
>-------------
>admins: cyrus
>
>autocreatequota: -1
>
>virtdomains: on
>
>allowplaintext: yes
>sasl_mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
>sasl_minimum_layer: 0
>#sasl_maximum_layer: 256
>#loginrealms: example.com
>#defaultdomain:
>sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>#sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
>sasl_auto_transition: no

Your SASL config matches up pretty well with your postfix sasl config.

Your virtual domain configuration appears broken. See:

http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.17/install-virtdomains.php

You may wish to specify a default domain (for your primary admin/cyradm
logins), and then list all supported domains within 'loginrealms'.
'virtdomains: userid' may be more appropriate.

>smtpd.conf
>
>pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>mech_list: plain login
>allow_plaintext: true
>auxprop_plugin: sql
>sql_engine: mysql
>sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
>sql_user: mail_admin
>sql_passwd: 111
>sql_database: mail
>sql_select: select password from users where email = '%u@%r'

Assuming your postfix was compiled against cyrus sasl, your
'auxprop_plugin' and 'sql_*' statements here likely have no effect on your
postfix user authentication. I would comment them out and verify, since it's
likely adding to some confusion.

>/etc/defaults/saslauthd
>
>START=yes
>DESC="SASL Authentication Daemon"
>NAME="saslauthd"
>MECHANISMS="pam"
>MECH_OPTIONS=""
>THREADS=5
>OPTIONS="-c -m /var/spool/postfix/var/run/saslauthd -r"

This is a problem, as by default cyrus imapd will attempt to
communicate with saslauthd using the standard mux location. See:

http://asg.andrew.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=54942

for options.

For trouble shooting, I run saslauthd in debug mode to verify imapd is able
to communicate with the saslauthd mux.

--
Dan White