nntp not working after upgrade

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 6 13:47:05 EST 2014

Do you have the "newsgroups" configuration option set in imapd.conf?  That didn't exist in 2.2.  In 2.4, it should default to serving your entire hierarchy (under your news prefix, since you have that set), but I'm not certain.

Take a look at http://cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.16/man/imapd.conf.5.php for details about the "newsgroups" option and give that a try.

I can tell you that we're running nntp here from the caldav-2.4 branch in production and it's working fine.

hth,

Dave