Best distro for Exim/Cyrus

Vladislav Kurz vladislav.kurz at webstep.net
Mon Feb 17 03:42:35 EST 2014

On Saturday 15 of February 2014 00:05:59 Paul O'Rorke wrote:
> If I don't use any encrypted passwords I can log in, work with
> mailboxes, receive mail but not send (relay not permitted which I
> suspect is so as to not be an open relay..?)

You can always set relay_nets (using "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config") to your
local subnet.

> What do I need to do to authenticate with the cyrus_sasl db?  Why would
> the authenticator driver "cyrus_sasl" not be available?  Do I need to
> enable that somewhere?

I'm not sure but check if you have installed these packages:

sasl2-bin, libsasl2-modules and exim4-daemon-heavy (instead of -light).

> I've read so many conflicting pages I've completely confused myself.
> Maybe I should be looking at TLS/SSL now...

If you are on secure net, try setting AUTH_SERVER_ALLOW_NOTLS_PASSWORDS = yes
(in conf.d/main/00_whatever), to allow plaintext auth.

--
S pozdravem
        Vladislav Kurz

=== WebStep, s.r.o. (Ltd.) ========= a step to the Web ===
address: Mezirka 1, 602 00 Brno, CZ, tel: +420 548 214 711
=== www.webstep.net ======= vladislav.kurz at webstep.net ===