Empty folders

Niels Dettenbach (Syndicat IT & Internet) nd at syndicat.com
Tue Dec 30 01:10:24 EST 2014

Am 29. Dezember 2014 23:02:10 MEZ, schrieb Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it>:
>cyradm dm does not delete this folder (and its files) from the
>filesystem.
This is OK as long as you clearify for  you  that  there  is no folder before  you recreate the cyrus  folder  from/over  cyrus  again - means: delete it by hand (rm) if still there.

>_ restore the old cyrus.* files.
This should be done by reconstruct  -r -f  over  the (correct) folders - if not, you still have  any problem in your setup or procedure as this command  must work for general/further proper cyrus functionality.

>Only thing, I'll have to script this, since I've got a lot of
>problematic folders...
arrgh, sound's timeconsuming -  so good luck...  Personally i prefer perl with the  "official"  cyrus  imap/admin perl modules  for any cyrus scripting.

If  don't know the reason behind the problem it may make sense to generate database dumps of the mboxlist by cron from time to time and check if  there further such bad  folders  get generated by a script or similiar.

good luck and
cheerioh,

Niels.
--