I not can register the directory manual added to a new mailbox from backup.

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Dec 12 13:40:10 EST 2014

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014, Manuel Vazquez wrote:

> I have a cyrus imap to ldap server where the user email are store.
>
> I convert accidentally a user in Deleted user. I do not know how restore
> this email user in cyrus imap databases.
>
> I do this step:
>
> - I maked a new directory mailbox,
> -  I restore the configuration on the imap server
> -  I recovery the information from the directory backup with a rsync command
> -  I do a recontruct command over this mailbox. But this reconstruct not
> register the old directory on the new mailbox.
>
> Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor english.

If the mailbox still exists in the DELETED hierarchy, then you can simply
rename the mailbox using cyradm:

   rename DELETED.user.<username> user.<username>

This is only true if you are using delayed delete mode in imapd.conf:

   delete_mode: delayed

If the mailbox no longer exists in the DELETED hierarchy, follow these
steps:

1. Re-create the mailbox using cyradm:

   cm user.<username>

2. Recover the message files (#. files) but not the cyrus.* files

3. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/reconstruct -x -f
user.<username>'"

4. Run "su cyrus -c '/usr/local/cyrus/bin/quota -f user.<username>'"

Let us know if you have any questions!

 	Andy