cyr_expire: deliver.db inconsistent pre-checkpoint bailing out

Vincent Fox vbfox at ucdavis.edu
Sat Dec 6 12:07:06 EST 2014

Hi,

We are running quite old Cyrus 2.3.8 (near retirement) and last couple
of nights it started kicking up this error during nightly expire run.

  cyr_expire[3409]: [ID 386572 local6.error] db
/var/cyrus/imap/deliver.db, inconsistent pre-checkpoint, bailing out

Any guidance on best course of action?  We do have nightly snapshots of the
entire filesystem, so I could roll back to deliver.db from 3 or 4 days ago.
Or would that create consistency issues with other databases only making
things worse.  Or could I stop Cyrus and only reconstruct deliver.db?

The server has thousands of users and 500gig+ of files so I don't relish
the idea of long downtime for full reconstruct.

Thanks!