backup rsync

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.cyrus at lsit.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:56:36 EDT 2014

--On August 29, 2014 at 4:27:57 PM +0200 Marcus Schopen
<lists at localguru.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planing to use lvm snaps and rsync for a daily disaster recovery
> backup on my master cyrus (2.4.12 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS):

Have you tested lvm snaps for this purpose yet?  When I tried to use lvm
snapshots in this way a few years ago, it absolutely killed performance on
the volume with the active snapshots.  Hopefully things have improved, but
I wouldn't bet on it.

-David