backup rsync

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Aug 29 10:27:57 EDT 2014

Hi,

I'm planing to use lvm snaps and rsync for a daily disaster recovery
backup on my master cyrus (2.4.12 Ubuntu 12.04 LTS):

 ctl_cyrusdb -c
 ctl_mboxlist -d > mailboxes.db.dump
 stop cyrus
 lvm snaps
 start cyrus
 rsync /var/lib/cyrus/ and /var/spool/cyrus to backup host
 remove snaps

Is there something to be aware with rsync especially
with /var/spool/cyrus directories?

Beside that the master is in master-slave replication too. In a case of
disaster recovery - if you don't want to make the slave to the master -
would it work out to rsync /var/lib/cyrus/ and /var/spool/cyrus from the
slave to the master or is that not a good idea?

Ciao
Marcus