imaps terminated abnormally

Randy Barlow randy at electronsweatshop.com
Thu Aug 14 16:23:48 EDT 2014

Hi John!

On 08/14/2014 04:09 PM, John wrote:
> I had similar symptoms and it was due to a problem with the TLS cache
> (tls_sessions.db) file. I deleted the file, cyrus recreated it
> automatically and everything ran fine afterwards.

I have also observed what you describe here, but there is a process that
runs periodically that cleans up the TLS cache. When I watch my logs, I
see it running every so often. I have noticed that these errors can
occur until that process runs. In particular, if I close my laptop
(suspend) with Thunderbird running, and open it later, I'll see these
messages for a while (5-10 minutes) in the logs. Eventually Thunderbird
and Cyrus sort it out and everything is fine.

The error I was describing happens always (starting 0-12 hours into the
Cyrus process running) and forever (it will continue until I restart
Cyrus) with the 3.14.14 kernel. This is why I think it's a kernel issue.

> Other than that,
> libssl has been updated a lot recently, so you might find you either
> have a bug there or need to just reboot to make the new library version
> come into play, perhaps?

Rebooting didn't sort it out, but I still think it's something to do
with the kernel because when I run the old kernel (and the same libssl
and Cyrus), the issue goes away.