Ban some users from accessing IMAP

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Apr 28 15:09:29 EDT 2014

DM> The good news is that user_deny.db does exactly what you want.  It
DM> allows you to deny any specific service to a valid user, even if
DM> they can successfully authenticate to your Cyrus server.

Oh, that's what that does.  I see one mention of something in the
imapd.conf manpage but it's just about the format of the database
involved.  (Says it defaults to "flat"; is that a good idea?  I don't
anticipate having more than a handful of users banned in this way.)

I will see if I can whip something up that pulls a group out of ldap and
calls cyr_dbtool appropriately.  Run it from cron and I'll be done.

 - J<