Problem subscribing shared folder in Thunderbird after 17 version

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 4 06:36:23 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014, at 06:00 PM, Roberto Bartali wrote:
> Hi Bron
> It seems that a LIST bug is fixed in 2.4.12. I didn't see similar bug
> fix in the next versions.

There are a bunch of fixes since 2.4.12.  You should probably be on 2.4.17
- that's the current stable.

> So, to solve the problem, do you think I need to upgrade my Cyrus or
> there is some patch to apply?

Just upgrade.  Patches are messy.

> In first case, are there particular issue, upgrading from 2.4.12 to the
> last version? I compiled my Cyrus from source....

In _theory_ you can just 'make install' and it's all good.  It should
upgrade-in-place.  There are no format changes that I'm aware of.  The
'install-upgrade.html' file in doc will tell you what to look out for.

Upgrading from 2.4.12

    some LOG_DEBUG level messages are no longer created by default in the duplicate delivery system, so you won't see them in syslog any more
    mailboxes in the DELETED. heirarchy are now always suppressed for non-admin users, even if delayed delete is not enabled (see Bug #3604). If you happen to be using this namespace at your site for something else, you're crazy - but you can set "deletedprefix" in imapd.conf to an invalid value (e.g. '-') if you need.

That's all it says.

> Please, can you suggest me the right step to do to upgrade the murder
> (stop cyrus, start from which component of the murder etc.)?
> Cheers

In general I would upgrade mupdate master first, then frontends, then
backends.  That way the frontends should support anything that the
backend is capable of supporting.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana