Code for manipulating all messages matching some criteria?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Oct 22 15:24:43 EDT 2013

Recently our campus was hit with a particularly bad targeted trojan
attach and the IT overlords sent out a demand that we (a small
department with several hundred mailboxes on our own server) go through
all user mailboxes and actually delete the offending messages.  At least
using the admin account this is actually kind of reasonable to do.
While I'm sure I could whip something up if I actually had enough free
time, I was wondering if anyone had already been through this kind of
thing and had cobbled together any code to do it.

I see something called imapfilter which might do the trick, but it seems
to be completely opaque.

 - J<