Trouble with sieve

Jason Bailey webmaster at sunad.com
Tue Jun 4 19:11:49 EDT 2013

All,

I have a CentOS 6 mail system running Cyrus version 2.3.16, which is
configured to use virtual domains. Sieve is enabled, and indeed runs for
some mailboxes, but not for others. I'm struggling to find a solution.

Case in point. I have a script that is supposed to file incoming
messages into specific sub-folders. The problem is, it doesn't do
anything (script doesn't seem to execute). Messages simply arrive in the
root of the inbox. I'm puzzled because I have used this very same script
for years.

Message sources show that the X-Sieve header is set and is reporting CMU
Sieve 2.3. The server also shows sieve listening on port 4190. Scripts
uploaded with sieveshell are copied and installed without error.

I looked at my mail log, but it isn't telling me much. The only Cyrus
related error I can find is one about "duplicate_mark". There isn't much
there about Sieve besides logins.

I ran sivtest and all seems good there. I'm not sure what to look for.

Any ideas? Help is appreciated.

--
Jason Bailey
Region IT/IS Manager