Cyrus+CalDAV

Marty Lee marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 09:33:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been playing with the latest Cyrus beta which includes the CalDAV & CardDAV
additions - from a personal perspective, almost all seems ok.

Server is a Solaris 10 (x86) box; clients are mainly Mac OSX (Mountain Lion) and
some PCs (Thunderbird/Lightning).

One question that Ken or someone may already know and one issue that I need to track
down further.

The question first: I've got two users that have permission to read each others
Default calendar (lr9) - but I'm guessing that the list of calendars returned to
the Mac calendar app only includes calendars for the actual user, not shared ones,
as the shared calendars can't be seen… does this sound right, or should I be able
to see the shared calendars (or need to do something to make it work)?

I've also seem similar with the CardDAV interface - I use a DAV client to pull down
all my contacts and put them into a local LDAP server for address book lookups for
a number of other apps. This works if I use my username+password, but not if I use a different account with permissions to read my Default address book (lr).

The issue I've seen revolves around adding pictures to vCards - some existing cards have pictures (copied from existing Mac address book), but changing pictures or adding new cards with photos seems to cause problems - I suspect it's 'segfaulting' the server process, but I'm not 100% certain of that yet, so I won't log a bug just yet…

Anyone else tried any of these scenario's and able to say whether they've had success or not - maybe I'm just too bleeding edge and dive into the code myself (which I'll do anyway, I just don't want to spend time doing something someone has already worked out!).

Cheers

Marty