What is chk_cyrus supposed to do?

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 29 09:44:07 EST 2013

Hi,

I only recently learned about chk_cyrus. I've run it twice since, but I'm
not sure what to make of the results. When I ran it the first time I
figured it repaired all issues it encountered, e.g.:

UKLAN.Bauanfragen.abgelehnt.2003: update acl from header a0620
lrswipkxtecda   liebchen        lrswipcda       a0643   lrswipcda
a0624   lrswipcda       a0075   lrswi   a0030   lrswi   a0090   lrswi
a0005   lrswipktecd      => a0620       lrswipkxtecda   cyrus
lrswipkxtecda   a0624   lrswipkxtecda   a0005   lrswipktecd
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 200 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 201 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 202 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 203 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 204 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 205 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 206 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 207 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 208 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 209 found - adding
user.redacted.Sent Messages uid 210 found - adding

And so on. But then I ran it again and found almost all the same messages
again. That raises the question if chk_config is supposed to fix these
issues, and if it isn't, what we are supposed to do instead? Run
reconstruct on all mailboxes that have output like that? The manpage isn't
very clear on that.

Thanks
Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - Weyertal 121 (Gebäude 133), Zimmer 2.02.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.