Replication and TLS

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Feb 13 13:27:31 EST 2013

Hi all,

Could someone please tell how to enforce encryption for replication?

We authenticate users through
allowplaintext: 1
sasl_mech_list: plain
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

Certificates are installed and SSL/TLS work fine but some of our users
require that "allowplaintext: yes" is set.

I have looked at the sync traffic and it is definitely not encrypted.

So the question is, what additional steps are required to make
replication use TLS as well without complicating things too much? Sorry
for not being able to figure it out myself...

Imapd 2.4.17 and sasl-2.1.26 and FreeBSD.

//per