Need guidelines on how to migrate a Cyrus-Imapd server

Thibault Le Meur Thibault.LeMeur at supelec.fr
Fri Feb 1 07:20:15 EST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Le 01/02/2013 12:17, Adam Tauno Williams a écrit :
> On Fri, 2013-02-01 at 10:43 +0100, Thibault Le Meur wrote:
> Are you sure that duplicate suppression was enabled on the replica?

Yes I'm sure, and a simple find have quickly confrimed this.
     find . -type f -a \! -links 1 -ls
141637005   32 -rw-------  12 cyrus    mail        30678 sept. 20 18:42
./obfustcated-username/12307.

> I have "duplicatesuppression: yes" set on the replica.

I thought that duplicatesuppression was a different thing.
 From the documentation "Duplicate delivery supression is a feature of
the Cyrus IMAP server that allows multiple copies of an identical
messages delivered to one user to be supressed, so that the user only
recieves one copy."

What I'm trying to achieve is to keep the "Single Instance Store"
property on my replica
(http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.7/overview.php#singleinstance)

Do you confirm that the single instance property of Cyrus-Imapd is saved
when using sync_client ?

How have you done your initial synchronization with sync_client ? using
sync_client -u -f USERFILE ?
If yes, what is the format of USERFILE and how to build this list ?

I've tried with a USERFILE containing a login per line with no success,
sot I ended up using the following loop:
for i in `cat /root/USERFILE`; do echo -n "Synch $i: ";
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/sync_client  -u $i; if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then echo
"[OK]"; else echo "[ERREUR]"; fi; done

In this case, since I use a single sync_client process per user, it is
logical that hardlinks between mailboxes can't be preserved.

> I believe that skiplist is 32bit/64bit neutral. So convert to skiplist
> first, on the working server. KILL BERKELEY!! You want to do that anyway.

Yes it seems so.
When you say Kill Berkeley, do you mean that the DB should saty in
Skiplist format even on the production server (and not converted back to
Berkeley)? If yes, do you have any URL describing the procedure ?

Thanks in advance,
Thibault