help with two cyrus systems merge

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Aug 19 17:45:27 EDT 2013

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013, Sandra Regina de Souza wrote:

> Hi there!
>
>    We have 2 e-mail servers that have cyrus 2.3 installed on each
> other. But we want to migrate these two ones to only one new server
> with cyrus-2.4.
>    Is there a way that we could do that to preserve seen flags?
> I tried to merge the two mailboxes.db into a mailboxes.txt
> file , and generate a mailboxes.db, but  it did not work.
>    I have read that in cyrus-2.4  cyrus.index file
> content is different from cyrus-2.3.
>    I have 5000 acconunts and  tried to use imapsync,  but it is too
> slow .
>    Thank you for your help.

I can think of a few ways to do this:

1. Use imapsync
2. Use Cyrus replication (just a guess)
3. Use Cyrus Murder clustering
4. Use Rsync into 2 different partitions on the new server

Imapsync is not a bad option.  Write a script to fire off multiple
imapsyncs at once.  Run it to completion.  Then run it again.  Then run it
again.  Schedule your outage.  Run imapsync every night up to the day of
your outage.  Block your users from accessing Cyrus, run a final imapsync,
then stop Cyrus on the 2 old servers and start using the new server.

 	Andy