Reverting failover

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Apr 18 04:45:03 EDT 2013

Hello,

If I understand correctly, failover is simply done by pointing clients
to the replica (e.g. moving public IP)?

We can assume that only one server is ever accessed by clients (both
IMAP and SMTP/LMTP), they only have access to the public IP, which is
switched over manually.

How do I then migrate the data over to the master once it's running again?

 • Is master-master replication possible in this case?
 • If not, how do I move the data back to the master? Shut down the
    replica and rsync the spool back to the master?

Sven SCHWEDAS
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at