Virtual Domains or not

Valentin Bud valentin at databus.pro
Tue Apr 16 02:19:16 EDT 2013

Hello Community,

I am trying to figure out what would be a "best practice" when one has a
couple
of domains on which it receives mail to and from which it sends mail from.

For example I have the following domains:

     example.com
     example.net

I have a user 'valentin' which has the following E-Mail addresses:

     valentin at example.com
     valentin at example.net

The users are authenticated from OpenLDAP and the mail attribute is set to
valentin at example.com. The mailAlternateAddress is set to
valentin at example.net.
I plan to use the Lachman LDAP Mail Routing Draft [1] and schema.

Should I create in Cyrus IMAP two virtual domains and a 'valentin' user
for each
of this domains or would it be better to create a user 'valentin' where
to post
the E-Mail messages I receive on both domains?

Then the MUAs could be configured with multiple identities and have only
one
mailbox.

What are the gotchas if I choose to go one way or the other? And do you
think
that [1] is 'stable' enough to be used?

[1]: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lachman-ldap-mail-routing-03

Cheers and Goodwill,