Force full replication

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 17 10:57:54 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012, at 04:05 PM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> Cyrus 2.4.16
>
> Is there a way to force the sync-client to do a complete sync to the
> replica instead of just the new messages? My situation is that I lost
> half of my data on the replication server due to a RAID failure but not
> the metadata. So cyrus on the replica thinks that the data is still
> there for all users although it really is gone for half of them.

Not really - it would be a "reconstruct" job to fix them rather than
sync_client.  Kinda.

I would like to make reconstruct "sync_aware" (ditto with everything
else... in theory even imapd could fetch and repair on the fly if it
finds a missing file)

> What I plan on doing is deleting the users that have missing data on the
> replica and then syncing but I was just wondering if there might be a
> better way.

No, I think that's pretty good.  That's what we do as a last-ditch repair
mechanism too.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana