auto create / subscribe folder patches

"Clément Hermann (nodens)" nodens2099 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 03:45:52 EDT 2012

Le 03/10/2012 07:22, Simon Walter a écrit :

> We do have quite a few users. I'm pretty sure anyone managing users via
> LDAP would prefer to have mailboxes automatically created. I may look
> into an OpenLDAP overlay. Failing that, Dovecot.

Since we had to write code to manage users in the directory, actually it
wasn't very hard to add code to manage the mailbox as well in the same
application. (everything done via IMAP, there are numerous examples).
That way you can manage quotas, permissions, archiving mailboxes when
the user is deleted, and so on, within the same interface.

I don't know for other people but even if there were autocreate options
I doubt I'd use them, though I can understand why some people would.

Cheers,

--
Clément Hermann