auto create / subscribe folder patches

Simon Walter simon.walter at hokkaidotracks.com
Wed Oct 3 01:22:20 EDT 2012

On 10/03/2012 01:32 PM, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> If I remember right, the autocreate patches don't work in a Cyrus
> Murder (cluster).  Until the autocreate patches work with all the
> supported ways of running Cyrus IMAP, I don't think they will be
> included.
>
> I can understand your issue though.  The bigger Cyrus sites already
> use scripts to create new mailboxes when new users are created.  The
> really small sites probably don't mind creating mailboxes by hand.
> The sites with more than 10 but fewer than 100 users probably are not
> satisfied by either solution.

Understood. Hopefully something like that will be implemented that works
with Murder. Perhaps the same code that cyradm uses to create mailboxes?

We do have quite a few users. I'm pretty sure anyone managing users via
LDAP would prefer to have mailboxes automatically created. I may look
into an OpenLDAP overlay. Failing that, Dovecot.

Anyway, thanks for explaining this.

Cheers,

Simon