auto create / subscribe folder patches

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Wed Oct 3 00:32:58 EDT 2012

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012, Simon Walter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been digging into the possibility of auto creation of INBOX and
> maybe other folders. All I find for Cyrus is patches.
>
> May I suggest putting these into the source tree? They're optional
> settings. So those who don't like them, don't need to use the feature.
> Not everyone complies their mail servers. I like to use packages for
> example. Yes, it will take a long time to make it downstream, but it's
> been discussed on this mailing list for over 10 years.

If I remember right, the autocreate patches don't work in a Cyrus Murder
(cluster).  Until the autocreate patches work with all the supported ways
of running Cyrus IMAP, I don't think they will be included.

I can understand your issue though.  The bigger Cyrus sites already use
scripts to create new mailboxes when new users are created.  The really
small sites probably don't mind creating mailboxes by hand.  The sites
with more than 10 but fewer than 100 users probably are not satisfied by
either solution.

 	Andy