Problem restoring shared folders in replica server

Janne Peltonen janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi
Fri Mar 16 03:04:25 EDT 2012

Hi!

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 06:28:32PM +0100, Manel Gimeno Zaragozá wrote:
[...]
> replica with sync_client -u "user" and everything was OK except shared folders,
> I can not sync shared folders information.
[...]
> but nothing happen when I try
> sync_client -u SHAREDFOLDER
> or
> sync_client -u Sistemas
>
> I've try it with root and cyrus user but I don't know how I can force the sync
> for shared folders. Can anyone help me?

Yes. You should use the -m flag to force syncing of a mailbox. From sync_client
manual:

--clip--
       -u     User mode.  Remaining arguments are list of users who should be replicated.
       -m     Mailbox mode.  Remaining arguments are list of mailboxes which should be replicated.
--clip--

A shared folder is not a user. It is a mailbox.

As a side note, if you have sieve script in the global namespace (that are
attached by the "/vendor/cmu/cyrus-imapd/sieve" annotation to certain shared
folders or other folders), the only way to replicate those that I know of is to
rsync them (or otherwise copy in the file system level).

Yours,
--
Janne Peltonen <janne.peltonen at helsinki.fi> PGP Key ID: 0x9CFAC88B