changing phisical nfs partition

Bumo bumozz at yahoo.it
Mon Mar 5 05:23:17 EST 2012

Hi, I'm working on a server RH ES rel.4Up5.  Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12 Version (RPM = cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-8.1.RHEL4).

I'm changing the NFS systems to newer ones and I would like to ask if it does the job to follow these steps to tranfer the mailbox data from the old to the new one (imap partition).
I will use: "nfs" and "nfs1" as names for these partitions. nfs1 is the new one.

1) Stop the mail service (imapd + smtp)
2) Transfer the data to new partition (from nfs to nfs1)

3) Change fstab: naming the new partition with the actual name and vice versa nfs -> nfs1 and nfs1 -> nfs

4) Restart the services

Then, about point 2).
I use rsync to syncronize the partitions with the services running then I use it again after stopping the services.

The command is this:   rsync -ac --delete --rsh="ssh -l root" root at myserver:/nfs /nfs1/
It takes around 3hour to copy 60GB and I wounder if I can have a better performance. May be removing checksum test?

The most important thing is to kwnow if steps 1-4 are corrects. Then the question about rsync is less important.

Otherwise if you think I should do all the job in another way I would consider it..

Thanks in advance for the answer!
Leo.