Problem while deleting mailbox on a private spool on NFS

Arnaud Launay asl at launay.org
Mon Jun 11 05:15:45 EDT 2012

Hello,

Michael Loftis <mloftis <at> wgops.com> writes:
> Don't use Cyrus over NFS.  It's not safe.  You *WILL* end up with corrupt
> mailboxes.
>
> There might be some NFS Client+Server combinations that are safe, but since
> you've a Linux client I'm guessing your NFS server is also Linux, a known
> not-safe configuration.  The reason is file locking doesn't' really work on
> NFS.

Is it still current ? I had to move the cyrus spool to an nfs server server due
to space problems, and I'm getting some of those:

Jun 11 04:11:53 nw2 imaps[27624]: IOERROR: locking index for
toto.fr!user.coincoin: Unknown code ____ 255

Linux 3.2 on both client and server, nfs v3.

If NFS isn't a good answer, what might be ? Problem here is redundancy (the nfs
server is redundant in a drbd master/slave configuration) and space...