cyrus imap and high avaibility solutions for 5000 emails

Josef Karliak karliak at ajetaci.cz
Fri Jul 27 09:16:37 EDT 2012

   Good afternoon,
   I've some questions about some expericiencies or recommendations
for HA solutions for cyrus imap.
   We've about 3000 emails, now on HP DL380G7, data for
"/var/spool/imap" (including "config directory) is provided by HP EVA
over two HBA SAN cards. I want to make a HA solution. My idea is:
   drive provided by san storage will be used for drbd device, so it
could be used on a secondary server. Solution will be active/pasive,
I'll start secondary server only when I wanna to update primary server
or reboot it. Operating system - SLES11SP2

   Do you've some experiencies with this? How do you share user's
"/var/spool/imap" between servers?
   Thanks for your time and advices
   Best regards
   J.Karliak.

   P.S. On my own small mail server with cyrus I'm using drbd for
sharing data of imap, apache2 and mysql between two servers, so far so
good, but a few users and 5000 users is different i suppose :)

--
Ma domena pouziva zabezpeceni a kontrolu SPF (www.openspf.org) a
DomainKeys/DKIM (with ADSP) . Pokud mate problemy s dorucenim emailu,