hardlink.py

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 24 15:04:50 EDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012, at 05:10 PM, Matt Selsky wrote:
> Has anyone used hardlink.py[0] or hardlink.c[1] to recreate hardlinks
> on their mailstore?  I recently XFER'd 12TB of mail between several
> servers running 2.3.16 and when I was done, the mail store had
> increased to 20TB of usage.
>
> Is this safe?
>
> [0] https://code.google.com/p/hardlinkpy/
> [1] https://fedorahosted.org/hardlink/browser/hardlink.c

They look reasonable to me.  I have a perl script that I can use
on our FastMail systems, but looking at it it's distinctly un-portable,
it uses piles of our internal libraries.  On the other hand, it's bloody
quick because it uses the GUID field rather than stat on the underlying
files.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana