expunge_days option in Cyrus 2.4

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 17 15:00:22 EDT 2012

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> The sync_client thing is a separate matter... it should consider those
> to be bogus and clean them up I think... hmm.

It definitely cleaned up many cases. I found a couple of examples where
messages seemed to get pulled back to the master, fortunately not on one
of the live systems. The problem of course is that you only get to see the
"after" state. The logs do indicate a lot of UID and MODSEQ ping pong took
place as the two ends worked out their differences.

Noone has come to ask me what happened, which I take as a good sign :).

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.