Imapsync alternative?

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Mon Jan 23 14:04:05 EST 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 01:07:58PM +0100, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've used in the past imapsync for mailbox migrations, but sometimes I
> found problems. For the latest version I have to pay. I can understand
> it from the view of the developer, maybe I will pay him for the latest
> version. But I will look for alternatives first, preferable those who
> are in Debian.

The older versions have not stopped functioning.  You only need the
latest version if the older version has issues with one of your
IMAP servers.  I paid him after I had migrated three of my four
servers.  The fourth would not convert even with the, at that time,
latest version of imapsync.  The software has been useful to me.

Cyrus to Cyrus should be a slam dunk even with very old versions
of imapsync.

lambert at lambertfam.org