Imapsync alternative?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Jan 23 07:07:58 EST 2012

Hello,

I've used in the past imapsync for mailbox migrations, but sometimes I
found problems. For the latest version I have to pay. I can understand
it from the view of the developer, maybe I will pay him for the latest
version. But I will look for alternatives first, preferable those who
are in Debian.

I saw some other programs like mailsync and movemail (from the GNU
mailutils), and I am interested if there is a good alternative for Imapsync.

For me it's also an option to use something like rsync to copy all files
of a mailbox from one Cyrus mailserver to another. Is that a good idea?

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/mailsync
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/mailutils

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl