migration and seen flag

Ron Vachiyer proutfoo at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:16:18 EST 2012

I am to work on migrating a very (very) old install using 2.1.17.  The seen information seems to be stored in a /var/lib/imap/user/xx/xxx/xxx.seen file.
How can I migrate this seen info to a 2.4.13 install?

I thought of using imapsync to move the mailspool, which works, however some mailboxes are 10 Gigs and this process is much slower than scp/rsync of the files followed by a reconstruct.  The only lost data seems to be the seen information and I have searched to find a way to migrate it.  Any tips?

Thanks,

Ron