deleting top-level INBOX

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Feb 21 16:12:00 EST 2012

Hi,

> On 02/21/12 22:23 +0200, Vilius Šumskas wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>  I have accidently created top level "INBOX.Spam" mailbox in Cyrus. I
>>  have managed to delete the Spam subfolder, but when deleting INBOX I
>>  get:
>>
>>  localhost> dm INBOX
>>  deletemailbox: Operation is not supported on mailbox
>>
>>  All needed permissions is there:
>>
>>  localhost> lam INBOX
>>  cyrus lrswipkxtecda
>>
>>  Is there a way to delete this top-level INBOX?

> INBOX has special meaning in IMAP, probably even for an administrator.
> If your admin user is 'cyrus', then you may have a mailbox named
> 'user.cyrus' that appears as INBOX from within cyradm.

> Try 'ctl_mboxlist -d' to get a second opinion on what the mailbox name is.
> If you can't delete the mailbox by referencing it as 'INBOX' or as
> 'user.cyrus', then take a look at the 'cyr_dbtool' utility for manually
> removing the mailbox entry from your mailboxes database.

I  tried  listing  all mailboxes with 'ctl_mboxlist -d' and it doesn't
show  any  top level INBOX'es. But I see 'user.cyrus' mailbox. I tried
to   create additional subfolder under INBOX.test and ahh.. it appeared
under  'user.cyrus.test'.  So you are probably right. My admin user is
indeed 'cyrus'.

So my next questions are:
a) can you confirm that such special INBOX exist in every Cyrus system
for  admin  user  and  I  just  probably  had  it  too before creating
"INBOX.Spam"?

b)  what  should  be  a quota and ACLs for such a folder? Because when
trying  to  delete  it I have messed with quota and setacl commands on
it.  Maybe  someone  has  a standard configuration and can share their
quota and ACLs on 'user.cyrus'?

--
Best regards,
 Vilius