Reconstruct mailbox for a specific user.

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Mon Dec 10 14:21:03 EST 2012

On 12/10/12 16:42 +0530, anant at isac.gov.in wrote:
>Dear Experts,
>
>I did reconstruct mailboxes of all users, using the script in
>README.HOWTO-recover-mailboxes.db.  Following is the extract of the
>script (for reconstruct)
>
>--
>find /var/spool/imap/user -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 | \
>while read i; do
>     i=$(basename $i)
>     /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -rf user.${i}
>     /usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/quota -f user.${i}
>done
>--
>
>One of the users mailbox has one more level of sub folder like
>
>user.xxx.ABC
>user.xxx.ABC.def
>
>Right now, folders of level user.xxx are seen, but folders at
>user.xxx.ABC including ABC are not seen.
>
>Should I run,
>/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/reconstruct -rf user.xxx.ABC now? That is when
>Cyrus-imapd is already running?  Or I should stop the service and run
>reconstruct?  Please advise.

You can run reconstruct and quota while cyrus-imapd is running.

If reconstruct does not succeed, verify the mailbox(es) are listed within
the output of 'ctl_mboxlist -d'. If not, you should add them via cyradm.
reconstruct may also fail for a given mailbox if you are missing the
cyrus.* files within its directory.

You might wish to backup the contents of the directories in question before
proceeding, in case you end up with missing flags or other data.

--
Dan White