Too many entries of mystore: reusing txn....

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Dec 8 12:19:11 EST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012, at 05:35 PM, Anant Athavale wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I had been sending mails to this list in the last two days with email
> anant at isac.gov.in - with subject - Urgent Help Required.  Based on your
> advise, I have rebuilt all the mailboxes.  I am monitoring the maillog
> entries of cyrus imap after I started the cyrus-imapd.  Everything seems to
> be fine.
>
> Most of the log entries, I checked in this list and found them harmless and
> hence ignoring them like: setrlimit and IP_TOS etc.
>
> But, for this one, I did not get any proper comments in this list.
>
> In the maillog, I have too many lines with the same message, which is as
> below.
>
> cvt_cyrusdb: mystore: reusing txn .....with some value of number.

Why are you running cvt_cyrusdb?  Is this some redhat-specific thing?

> This same line repeats, at least 190+ times (including that last number).
> Is this a cause of worry? I have not yet released the system to users.  I
> will be doing it only tomorrow, based on the response for this.  Do I need
> to check something?

brong at prin:~/src/cyrus-imapd$ git checkout cyrus23
Switched to branch 'cyrus23'

brong at prin:~/src/cyrus-imapd$ ack 'reusing txn'
lib/cyrusdb_berkeley.c
473:		syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "%s: reusing txn %lu", where,
brong at prin:~/src/cyrus-imapd$

You are, for certain, running something in berkeley DB - so the question
becomes: what berkeley DB file are you running cvt_cyrusdb on?

It this happens frequently, it's a clear sign that something is wrong because
cvt_cyrusdb should not be running.  If it happened only once, then it's
probably not a problem.

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana