Need your urgent advice

anant at isac.gov.in anant at isac.gov.in
Fri Dec 7 03:40:35 EST 2012

Dear Experts,

I was earlier running cyrus-imap on a RHEL 5.3 system having
cyrus-imap version 2.3.7.

I moved to a new system with RHEL 6.3 system having cyrus-imap version 2.3.16.

I just did rsync of mailboxes, quota, sieve scripts ie.
/var/spool/imap and /var/lib/imap from one system to other and started
the cyrus-imap.

Everything was going smoothly.  From today morning, I found some
segfaults for imap like

Dec  7 10:20:42 isacmail kernel: imapd[12917]: segfault at 0 ip
00007f99993dd994 sp 00007fffa7378be0 error 4 in
libc-2.12.so[7f9999378000+189000]

plenty of them, but right now they are not coming.  Before this,
cyrus-imapd was not stopping cleanly and based on some suggestions on
mailing list, I removed deliver.db and db/* and I restarted the
cyrus-imapd service.  I did several times after that, stopping and
starting, and everytime was stopping and starting properly.  So,
released it to the users.

But, in between segfaults are worrying me.

As there is a version difference, it looks like I need to rebuild the
databases/mailboxes once.

Please advice on how to go about.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,