Email not appearing in list, but files exist on disk

francis picabia fpicabia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:00:58 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Michael Menge
<michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IMHO the mails have been marked as deleted, but not expunged by the
> webmailer. Most clients will not show these mails by default and some
> (e.g. Horde/IMP) count unread mails which are marked as deleted in the
> summary view.
>
> By exiting with Thunderbird these messages got expunged.
>
> Regards
>
>    Michael Menge

Thanks for the response.  I recovered missing files from tape backup,
did a reconstruct again and now the messages are all there.

Very strange because usually Horde displays messages ready
for expunge with a line strike out, and I had tested the view
from both dimp and imp before doing any reconstruct.

Hopefully that is the last of the gremlin.