Some messages are missing and reconstruct doesn't help

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Aug 24 16:36:53 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012, at 10:26 PM, Geoff Adams wrote:
> On Aug 24, 2012, at 1:17 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> > Can I please have a copy of your imapd.conf as well.
> >
> > I _suspect_ at this stage that it's locking problems.
>
> That does seem likely. Attached is my imapd.conf.

See my other email (that had potentially private details in it,
the sha1s of some of the user's emails)

I suspect it's just that you have:

expunge_mode: delayed

And you didn't realise that in 2.4.x, the EXPUNGED records are
retained in cyrus.index with a magic flag rather than copied to
a separate cyrus.expunge file.  This means that even though there
are lots of files on the disk, what you're actually doing by
deleting cyrus.index and forcing a full reconstruct is bring BACK
emails which the user has already deleted once!

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm