HowTo import Cyrus Mail-Dir into Thunderbird, without Cyrus?

Alexandros Gougousoudis gougousoudis-list at servicecenter-khs.de
Fri Aug 3 06:33:01 EDT 2012

Hi,

one friend got a copy of his maildirectory in Cyrus from the admins of
his university when he left. They told him, he can import it into
Thunderbird and use the old mails. How can this be done? Is there a
converter?

We're using also Cyrus, all emails are single files in
/var/spool/cyrus/mail/user, I don't know any way how to use these files
with a mailreader without the serversoftware.  Any hint is welcome

TIA
 Alex