Never-ending bug with recontruct - MISSING FOLDERS

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Wed Sep 14 05:01:34 EDT 2011

Dear Jeroen,

Le 14.09.2011 10:54, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) a écrit :
>> I think I've posted already here about this some years ago about this
>> problem and I'm disappointed that cyrus reconstruct seems to still
>> have
>> the same bug.
>
> You wouldn't happen to have a ticket in bugzilla.cyrusimap.org about
> this problem you are experiencing, do you?

No sorry, at that time I only posted here.

>> Let me explain :
>> I have to switch to a new server and moved the cyrus mailboxes on it.
>> Most of the migration is working, but some folders are missing !!!
>
> Could you please state the version of Cyrus IMAP on both the old as
> well as the new server?

New server : v2.3.7-Invoca-RPM-2.3.7-7.el5_6.4 2006/07/10 13:46:20
Old server : don't know (but I don't think it plays any role because
most of the data was recovered by reconstruct)

>> In fact all data is on the disk, but cyrus reconstruct decided (still
>> this absolutely STUPID bug) do ignore folders containing only
>> subfolders !!!
>>

>> I tried everything I think :
>>
>> 1. cyradm
>>   >  reconstruct user.psmith.Archives.2010 at domain.com
>>

> Have you tried appending '-r' to this command, to indicate the
> reconstruct should be performed recursively?

Yes, same problem.

>> 2. delete cyrus.header and restart cyrus
>>

> Have you executed reconstruct from the command-line as opposed to
> through the 'cyradm' utility? Please see the output of 'man -k
> reconstruct' for the appropriate man page on your platform.

Yes absolutely I launched "reconstruct -rf" but reconstruct is ignoring
folders that only contains subfolders but no messages !

So what I did is now to add one file (message copied from elsewhere) in
these folders but now I don't find a solution to make cyrus "rescan"
these folders ?

Denis