Never-ending bug with recontruct - MISSING FOLDERS

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Sep 14 04:54:02 EDT 2011

On 14.09.2011 09:42, Denis BUCHER wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi Denis,

> I think I've posted already here about this some years ago about this
> problem and I'm disappointed that cyrus reconstruct seems to still
> have
> the same bug.

You wouldn't happen to have a ticket in bugzilla.cyrusimap.org about
this problem you are experiencing, do you?

> Let me explain :
> I have to switch to a new server and moved the cyrus mailboxes on it.
> Most of the migration is working, but some folders are missing !!!

Could you please state the version of Cyrus IMAP on both the old as
well as the new server?

> In fact all data is on the disk, but cyrus reconstruct decided (still
> this absolutely STUPID bug) do ignore folders containing only
> subfolders !!!
>

> I tried everything I think :
>
> 1. cyradm
>  > reconstruct user.psmith.Archives.2010 at domain.com

Have you tried appending '-r' to this command, to indicate the
reconstruct should be performed recursively?

> 2. delete cyrus.header and restart cyrus

Have you executed reconstruct from the command-line as opposed to
through the 'cyradm' utility? Please see the output of 'man -k
reconstruct' for the appropriate man page on your platform.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--